Coronation Street historyEdit
- 1964 - Valerie Barlow returns to her husband Ken. She had left him for Dave Robbins but Dave doesn't want to get involved.
- 1969 - Gordon Clegg passes his accountancy exams and buys an engagement ring for Lucille Hewitt.
- 1975 - Idris, Vera and Granny Hopkins leave Coronation Street at night when Gordon Clegg decides not to sell the Corner Shop to Granny. Tricia Hopkins remains in the Street.
- 1982 - Deirdre Barlow is shocked when husband Ken tells her he doesn't want to have a child with her.
- 1988 - Gail Tilsley agrees to remarry Brian Tilsley. Birth of Eva Price.
- 1999 - The Corner Shop reopens with Ravi Desai in charge.
- 2011 - Tracy Barlow tells Peter Barlow this his wife Leanne had an affair with Nick Tilsley.
- 2012 - Rosie Webster leaves Weatherfield to take part in a reality television show in London (Final appearance of the character).
- 1961 - Due to strike action at Granada Television, the live episode due to be transmitted on this date was cancelled. The strike, which began on 9th February, was in protest at a letter to seven men by an engineer in charge of them in which he expressed his disappointment that they refused to work an extra two-and-three-quarter hours on a play whose recording had overrun. The next episode was therefore transmitted on 15th February. In its place Granada repeated Episode 1 (9th December 1960) to give, as a spokesman said, "a glimpse of how it started to viewers who missed the early episodes."
- 1971 - The final black and white episode of Coronation Street is transmitted.
- 1996 - Anne Dyson (Effie Spicer) died.
Episodes were broadcast on 10th February on the following years:
- 1960s - 1961, 1964, 1965, 1969
- 1970s - 1971, 1975
- 1980s - 1982, 1986, 1988
- 1990s - 1992, 1993, 1995, 1997, 1999
- 2000s - 2002, 2003, 2006
- 2010s - 2011, 2012 (I) (II)
- Turn out the Lights - One For Yes, Two For No (1967 - all ITV regions except Associated Rediffusion, Tyne Tees Television and Teledu Cymru)