Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Coronation Street historyEdit
- 1967 - Despite the residents' best efforts, Coronation Street loses the "Best Kept Street" competition to Inkerman Street.
- 1968 - Mr Papagopolous closes down Gamma Garments and Emily Nugent is fired from her job.
- 1972 - Benny Lewis opens his Betting Shop on Rosamund Street.
- 1974 - Maggie Clegg marries Ron Cooke, and the couple leave for Zaire. Granny Hopkins is shown over the Corner Shop by her family (First appearance of the character).
- 1980 - Tom Ferguson born.
- 1991 - Percy Sugden sabotages Emily Bishop's attempts to sell No.3.
- 1992 - Ken Barlow publicly accuses Mike Baldwin of conning Emily Bishop out money.
- 1998 - As opposing candidates in the council election, Audrey Roberts and Spider Nugent address a students' meeting. Audrey is winning the debate easily until she proposes the return of the Miss Weatherfield Contest which doesn't go down well with the young women present.
- 2002 - To everyone's relief, Lillian Spencer and her family leave the Rovers for a better job in Marple.
- 2014 - Having recently broken up with Gary Windass, Izzy Armstrong learns from Alya Nazir that Alya had kissed Gary two weeks before, thereby ending any notion of the couple getting back together.
Episodes were broadcast on 10th July on the following years:
- 1960s - 1961, 1963, 1967, 1968
- 1970s - 1972, 1974, 1978
- 1980s - 1985, 1989
- 1990s - 1991, 1992, 1995, 1996, 1998
- 2000s - 2000, 2002, 2005, 2006, 2009 (I) (II)
- 2010s - 2013, 2014, 2015 (I) (II)