Coronation Street historyEdit
- 1964 - Tickler Murphy moves into the Corner Shop as Florrie Lindley's lodger.
- 1966 - Polling day in the St. Mary's ward and Annie Walker and Len Fairclough attract an equal amount of votes to be the new councillor. A coin is tossed to decide the result...
- 1977 - Steve Fisher is sacked from Baldwin's Casuals when he takes Suzie Birchall and Gail Potter to the sands at Southport (where the van gets stuck) instead of doing a delivery.
- 1981 - Brian and Gail Tilsley win the "Mr and Mrs" competition in the Rovers while Jack and Vera Duckworth predictably lose.
- 1983 - The Duckworths throw a house-warming party in No. 9.
- 1992 - Ted Sullivan's funeral takes place.
- 1994 - Raquel Wolstenhulme returns to Weatherfield having been thrown off her modelling course in Croydon.
- 1997 - Fiona Middleton discovers that she is pregnant.
- 2001 - Steve and Karen McDonald move into No. 12.
- 2003 - Sarah Platt hears that Neil Fearns, the teenage father of Bethany has been killed in a car crash.
- 2009 - No.11 is burgled.
- 2012 - Tina McIntyre agrees to have Gary Windass and Izzy Armstrong's baby in exchange for £15,000, but Tommy Duckworth is far from keen on the idea and threatens to dump Tina if she goes through with it.
- 1914 - Frank Pemberton (Frank Barlow) born.
- 1935 - Amanda Barrie (Alma Halliwell) born.
- 1962 - Wales West and North Television launched. Episode 184 is the first episode of Coronation Street to be broadcast there on Monday 17th September.
- 1970 - Ulster Television began colour broadcasts. The first episode of Coronation Street they transmitted in colour was Episode 1007 (14th September 1970).
Episodes were broadcast on 14th September on the following years:
- 1960s - 1964, 1966
- 1970s - 1970, 1977
- 1980s - 1981, 1983, 1987, 1988
- 1990s - 1990, 1992, 1994, 1997, 1998
- 2000s - 2001, 2003, 2005, 2009 (I) (II)
- 2010s - 2012 (I) (II)