Coronation Street historyEdit
- 1912 - Ena Sharples' brother Tom Schofield, emigrating to America, is feared dead after the Titanic disaster but it later turns out that he failed to gain a passage on the doomed liner.
- 1963 - After thirteen months away in London, Dennis Tanner returns to the Street and, not knowing of Elsie's dispute with the landlord, allows the bailiffs into No.11.
- 1964 - Stuart Hodges takes over the Mission of Glad Tidings and Emily Nugent falls for him.
- 1968 - Maggie Clegg introduces the Street's residents to her son, Gordon (First appearance of the character).
- 1970 - Hilda Ogden flies out to Australia to be with Irma after David Barlow dies, not knowing that her grandson Darren has also died.
- 1981 - Wally Randle leaves a distraught Elsie Tanner after telling her that she's too old for him.
- 1992 - Ted Sullivan tells Rita Fairclough that he has an inoperable brain tumour.
- 2001 - Toyah Battersby is found by Jason Grimshaw in the ginnel behind the Rovers having been raped. Danny Hargreaves calls off his wedding to Sally Webster after finding out about her fling with Kevin the previous year.
- 2002 - A fire starts in Sally's Hardware store while Martin and David Platt are asleep in the flat above.
- 2009 - Ken Barlow confesses his affair with Martha Fraser to Peter.
- 2010 - John Stape gets a teaching job, despite his criminal record, by using the false identity of Colin Fishwick.
- 2011 - Frank Foster buys into Underworld. Maria Connor quits her job as PA at the factory when she hears the news as Frank tried to rape her. Katy Armstrong tells Chesney Brown that she's pregnant with his baby. Tracy Barlow finds out that Steve and Becky McDonald were going to snatch Amy Barlow and disallows Steve from seeing his daughter again.
- 2015 - Owen Armstrong leaves Weatherfield to visit Katy Armstrong in Portugal and then work in Aberdeen.
- 2016 - Gary Windass is arrested for possession of cannabis. Izzy Armstrong confesses to the police that Gary was buying the drugs for her pain management. Luke Britton and Maria Connor get engaged.
- 1982 - Arthur Lowe (Leonard Swindley) died.
- 1996 - Coronation Street 's 4000th episode is broadcast.
Episodes were broadcast on 15th April on the following years:
- 1960s - 1963, 1964, 1968
- 1970s - 1970, 1974
- 1980s - 1981, 1985, 1987
- 1990s - 1991, 1992, 1994, 1996, 1998
- 2000s - 2001, 2002, 2005, 2007, 2009
- 2010s - 2010, 2011 (I) (II), 2013 (I) (II), 2015, 2016 (I) (II)