Coronation Street historyEdit
- 1955 - Alec Gilroy marries Joyce Crosby.
- 1967 - Ena Sharples is rescued from the collapsing viaduct and taken to hospital.
- 1978 - Joan Davies returns to the Street for the first time in fourteen years when mother Annie Walker fears that the brewery will evict her from the Rovers.
- 1985 - Kevin Webster is fixed up with a blind date, Michelle Robinson, and is pleased to find that she is a real looker.
- 1989 - Don Brennan is "paid" with a greyhound Lucky when its owner Harry Slinger can't afford the taxi fare. Ivy Brennan is not impressed.
- 1996 - Reg and Maureen Holdsworth agree to divorce terms through their solicitors.
- 1998 - Maxine Heavey buys an expensive dress as Greg Kelly is taking her to somewhere called "Viaggiatore" but is angry when he tells her that the word translates into English as "Rovers".
- 2005 - After many years apart Jamie Baldwin has an awkward reunion with his mum Carol in Birmingham.
- 2006 - Gail Platt is horrified when she suspects that son David is behind the cards sent to her from the supposedly dead Richard Hillman.
- 2009 - Norris Cole is angry when his estranged half-brother Ramsay Clegg turns up in Weatherfield.
- 2015 - Jackson Hodge admits that he's the father of Miley Windass
- 1915 - Jack Watson (Bill Gregory) born.
- 1960 - Director Julian Jarrold born.
- 1968 - The Independent Television Service for Wales and the West broadcasts its final episode of Coronation Street. HTV broadcast the programme thereafter.
Episodes were broadcast on 15th May on the following years:
- 1960s - 1961, 1963, 1967, 1968
- 1970s - 1972, 1974, 1978
- 1980s - 1985, 1989
- 1990s - 1991, 1992, 1995, 1996, 1998
- 2000s - 2000, 2005, 2006 (I), (II), 2009 (I) (II)
- 2010s - 2013, 2015 (I) (II), 2017 (I) (II)