Coronation Street historyEdit
- 1961 - The Street residents go on a coach trip to see the Blackpool illuminations. Ena Sharples gets left behind by mistake.
- 1967 - Len and Stanley Fairclough are rescued from the fire in the Builder's Yard by workman Jim Lloyd.
- 1968 - At the inquest into the death of Steve Tanner, the jury returns an open verdict.
- 1974 - The women of the Street enjoy their last days in Majorca. They return without Bet Lynch who thinks she has found her man in Martin Barrett and stays to be with him but he only wanted a holiday fling and tells her to get lost.
- 1978 - Elsie Tanner takes in taxi driver Ron Mather after he is beaten up and he ends up staying the night in the spare room at No.11. The two begin a romance as a result of this kindness.
- 1985 - Tracy Langton runs away from home after a row with mother Deirdre Barlow over her desire for a pet dog and the police are called in to look for her.
- 1992 - Ivy Brennan is sacked from Bettabuy for her unreliability caused by her drinking problem.
- 1995 - Unable to buy the Rovers from the brewery, Bet Gilroy closes the pub and leaves Weatherfield.
- 2006 - On holiday with the Websters in Paris, Craig Harris and Rosie Webster make plans to run away together but Rosie loses her nerve on the station platform and Craig boards the train to Berlin alone (Final appearance of the character).
- 2008 - Liam Connor is killed by Jimmy Dockerson on the orders of Tony Gordon in a set-up "hit and run" accident after Liam had an affair with Tony's intended bride Carla Connor.
- 2009 - Tony Gordon proposes to Maria Connor on the anniversary of her husband Liam's death.
- 2013 - Kylie Platt learns that David was responsible for the accident that left Nick Tilsley brain damaged and confronts him about it during Lily's christening. As a result, all the secrets from the past several months spill out leading to David being disowned by his family with Kylie and Leanne Tilsley declaring their respective marriages to be over.
- 1906 - Maudie Edwards, who as Elsie Lappin spoke the very first line in the programme in 1960, born.
- 1950 - Director and actress Noreen Kershaw born.
- 1984 - Shayne Ward (Aidan Connor) born.
Episodes were broadcast on 16th October on the following years:
- 1960s - 1961, 1963, 1967, 1968
- 1970s - 1972, 1974, 1978
- 1980s - 1985, 1989
- 1990s - 1991, 1992, 1995, 1996, 1998
- 2000s - 2000, 2005, 2006 (I) (II), 2009 (I) (II)
- 2010s - 2013, 2015 (I) (II)