Coronation Street historyEdit
- 1962 - Harry Hewitt sells racing greyhound Lucky Lolita and uses the money to buy a saloon car.
- 1977 - Len Fairclough and Rita Littlewood leave for the church for their wedding.
- 1988 - Mike Baldwin is arrested for drink-driving.
- 1990 - Sally Webster discovers that she is pregnant.
- 1994 - Bernard Morton tells Emily Bishop that he can't marry her when he discovers that she previously suffered a mental breakdown as he nursed his mother for years when she had a similar problem and he cannot go through the experience again.
- 1997 - A crazed Don Brennan drives his taxi with Alma Baldwin as his captive passenger into the River Irwell.
- 2008 - David Platt is sentenced to four months in a detention centre for multiple counts of criminal damage and assault.
- 2011 - A court injunction preventing Kevin Webster from accessing his £200,000 scratchcard winnings is lifted after a hearing in which Sally Webster tries to claim entitlement to a share of the money. Maria Connor reports Frank Foster to the police for attempted rape.
- 2014 - Rita Tanner finds out her estranged husband Dennis is back in Weatherfield and homeless. Against her better judgement, she offers him a temporary place to stay.
- 2016 - Harry Platt is christened.
- 1908 - Theme music composer Eric Spear born.
- 1935 - Director David Cunliffe born.
- 1936 - Kenneth Farrington (Billy Walker) born.
- 1994 - ITV broadcast a one-hour edition of Coronation Street to ensure that the programme went head to head with its rival EastEnders on BBC1 and see who won the ratings battle. ITV was the victor.
Episodes were broadcast on 18th April on the following years:
- 1960s - 1962, 1966
- 1970s - 1973, 1977, 1979
- 1980s - 1983, 1984, 1988
- 1990s - 1990, 1994, 1997, 1999
- 2000s - 2003, 2004, 2005 (I) (II), 2007, 2008 (I) (II)
- 2010s - 2011 (I) (II), 2014 (I) (II), 2016 (I) (II)
- Pardon the Expression - A Sheik in the Night (1966)