- Albert Tatlock retires.
- 22nd February - Tricia Armstrong is born.
- April - Dennis Tanner and Jed Stone are sent to a borstal for six months for breaking into a newsagent's.
- 11th April - Joe McIntyre is born.
- August - Concepta Riley moves into the Rovers Return Inn and starts work there as a barmaid.
- 11th September - Lesley Kershaw is born.
- November - Ted and Amy Gibson leave Coronation Street, giving up the tenancy of No.9 after winning £20,000 and deciding to move.
- 9th December - Florrie Lindley takes over the Corner Shop as Elsie Lappin retires to Knott End.
- 30th December - May Hardman dies of a brain tumour after suffering headaches in 13 Coronation Street, having recently returned from a psychiatric hospital.
|←1959 1960 1961→|