- 25th March - Alice Raynould dies.
- 27th April - Karl Munro is born.
- 3rd July - Christine Appleby leaves Weatherfield when she is transferred to another branch of Miami Modes.
- 11th August - Stella Price is born.
- 18th September - Sheila Birtles leaves Coronation Street after suffering a breakdown due to her relationship with Neil Crossley. Unknown to her at the time, she has been left pregnant by the affair.
- 2nd October - Doreen Lostock leaves Weatherfield to join the Women's Royal Army Corps.
- 19th October - Jerry Booth and Myra Dickinson marry. While the Street residents are attending the wedding, schoolboy Michael Butterworth trashes the vestry of the Glad Tidings Mission Hall.
- 25th November - The Booths move into 13 Coronation Street.
|←1962 1963 1964→|