- Tommy Harris is born.
- 29th January - Teacher Ken Barlow gives a TV interview about a traffic accident outside Bessie Street School without the school's permission. Schoolgirl Susan Schofield dies in hospital following the accident.
- 2nd March - Dev Alahan is born.
- 13th May - Martha Longhurst dies from a heart attack in the Rovers Return Inn.
- 20th May - Jerry and Myra Booth move out of 13 Coronation Street as they can no longer afford the mortgage due to Myra's overspending on Hire Purchase.
- 27th May - Frank Barlow buys a detached house in Cheshire after winning £5,000 on Premium Bonds. His house in Coronation Street, No.3, remains unoccupied and unsold.
- 4th June - Terry Duckworth is born.
- 1st July - Stan Ogden buys No.13 and the Ogdens move into the house.
- 15th July - Emily Nugent jilts Leonard Swindley on their wedding day.
- 18th July - Angela Appleyard (later Harris) is born.
- 19th August - Harry and Concepta Hewitt move to Ireland, with Christopher. Lucille Hewitt stays behind to finish her schooling and moves into the Rovers.
- 9th September - The residents are evacuated to the Mission cellar when an unexploded bomb is found in the backyard of No.1.
- 23rd September - Trevor Ogden leaves for London as the neighbours find out he has been stealing from them.
- 19th October - Insurance man Harry Bailey returns to the Street with the news that Nellie Bailey (formerly Fairclough) has died.
|←1963 1964 1965→|