- 1st January - The Council buys the Glad Tidings Mission Hall and initiates a redevelopment scheme which sees the Mission and Elliston's Raincoat Factory demolished and the building of a block of modern two-storey maisonettes in their place.
- 14th February - Elsie Tanner returns to Weatherfield after the failure of her marriage to Steve.
- 10th April - David and Irma Barlow emigrate to Australia. Les and Maggie Clegg take over the Corner Shop.
- 29th May - Dennis Tanner and Jenny Sutton marry.
- 2nd June - Martin Platt is born.
- 6th June - Lloyd Mullaney is born.
- 10th June - Dickie Fleming buys No.3 and moves in with Audrey Bright. The neighbours are shocked that they are living together while not being married.
- 12th June - Les Clegg admits himself to a psychiatric hospital to deal with his alcoholism, as he feels guilty that in a drunken incident he attacked Maggie and son Gordon. Maggie takes over the Shop. Dennis and Jenny Tanner move to Bristol.
- 17th June - Ken Barlow sells 9 Coronation Street to Len Fairclough. The Barlows move into No.14, one of the maisonettes.
- 9th July - Charlotte Hoyle is born.
- 15th July - Dickie Fleming marries Audrey Bright.
- 7th August - Escaped convict Frank Riley holds Valerie Barlow hostage in No.14. She is rescued when the police move in on the house and arrest him.
- 7th September - Debbie Webster is born.
- 25th September - Steve Tanner is murdered by Joe Donelli, though he is not identified as the murderer until 1970.
|←1967 1968 1969→|