- 8th April - David Barlow is killed in a car crash in Australia.
- 9th April - Darren Barlow dies in Australia, one day after the car crash which killed his father David.
- 27th April - The newly-widowed Irma Barlow returns from Australia.
- 6th May - Dickie Fleming leaves wife Audrey after finding out about her fling with Ray Langton.
- 13th May - Audrey Fleming also leaves the Street. She goes to live with her parents in Preston.
- 29th June - Bernard Butler leaves the Street and returns to his mother.
- 8th July - Jack Walker dies of a heart attack while visiting his daughter Joan Davies.
- 22nd July - Elsie Tanner and Alan Howard marry. This is Elsie's third time down the aisle.
- 26th August - Billy Walker returns to Weatherfield and buys the Canal Garage.
- 31st August - Sandra Butler goes travelling with van drivers Frank Bradley and Judd Johnson.
- 16th September - Annie Walker becomes the licensee of the Rovers following Jack's death.
- 18th November - Lisa Horton is born.
- 2nd December - Bet Lynch starts at the Rovers as a barmaid.
- 21st December - Steve Tanner's killer Joe Donelli shoots himself dead in 5 Coronation Street after holding Irma Barlow, Minnie Caldwell and Stan Ogden hostage.
|←1969 1970 1971→|