- January - Elsie and Alan Howard decide to settle in Newcastle. Ken and Janet Barlow rent 11 Coronation Street.
- 5th January - Jim McDonald and Liz Greenwood marry.
- 20th February - Minnie Caldwell calls off her engagement to Albert Tatlock. Cyril Turpin dies.
- 25th February - Liam Connor is born.
- 26th June - Twins Steve and Andy McDonald are born.
- 8th July - Lucille Hewitt goes to Ireland to avoid seeing Gordon Clegg. She decides to stay there for good.
- 10th July - Maggie Clegg marries Ron Cooke and the couple moves to Zaire. Gordon Clegg lets the Corner Shop to Megan Hopkins and her family.
- 21st November - Beth Tinker is born.
|←1973 1974 1975→|