- 5th March - Samantha Failsworth is born.
- 5th April - Elsie Howard returns to Weatherfield after separating from Alan Howard.
- 21st June - Renee Bradshaw buys the Corner Shop from Maggie Clegg. Gail Potter is evicted from the flat.
- 13th September - Sean Tully is born.
- 27th October - Handel Gartside informs Ena Sharples that Minnie Caldwell has decided to live with him at Whaley Bridge and sell 5 Coronation Street.
- 15th November - Mike Baldwin buys No.5. He soon moves in Bet Lynch as his live-in lover.
- 13th December - Mike Baldwin's denim factory Baldwin's Casuals opens in Coronation Street.
|←1975 1976 1977→|