Coronation Street historyEdit
- 1957 - Jack Duckworth marries Veronica Burton.
- 1964 - Harry and Concepta Hewitt move to Ireland with Christopher. Daughter Lucille stays behind to finish her schooling and moves into the Rovers.
- 1974 - First appearances of Vera Duckworth and Blanche Hunt (the latter being played in her first two appearances by actress Patricia Cutts who committed suicide on 6th September 1974. Maggie Jones then took on the role).
- 1985 - Frank Mills becomes potman at the Rovers.
- 1987 - Alec Gilroy is given the tenancy of the Rovers when Cecil Newton hears that he is marrying Bet Lynch.
- 2005 - Jack tracks down Vera in Southport after she fled there, saying their marriage was finished. The two are reconciled.
- 2011 - In prison awaiting trial for murder, Fiz Stape rumbles a drug trafficking ring but refuses to name Ruth Walsh as the supplier to the prison governor after her cellmate, Ginny Portis, almost kills herself by overdosing.
- 2015 - Jason Grimshaw is badly beaten up by Callum Logan and two heavies.
- 2016 - Michelle Connor tells her husband Steve McDonald that she's pregnant, less than a month after Leanne Battersby broke the news to him that she was also having his baby.
- 1970 - Although it is actually Episode 999 which is broadcast, Coronation Street celebrates the transmission of its 1000th episode with a TV Times cover and feature and the publication of a special souvenir magazine.
- 2013 - ITV announces that Chris Fountain, who plays Tommy Duckworth in the show, has been sacked after online videos of him dressed as a characted called The Phantom rapping about controversial subjects such as rape emerged a few days earlier. As a result, Tommy disappears following Episode 8232 (13th October 2013), with the explanation being a sudden move aboard upon finding out his girlfriend Tina wished to move David Platt, her ex-boyfriend, into their flat.
Episodes were broadcast on 19th August on the following years:
- 1960s - 1963, 1964, 1968
- 1970s - 1970, 1974
- 1980s - 1981, 1985, 1987
- 1990s - 1991, 1992, 1994, 1996, 1998
- 2000s - 2001, 2002, 2005, 2007
- 2010s - 2011 (I) (II), 2013 (I) (II), 2015, 2016 (I) (II)
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|