Coronation Street historyEdit
- 1965 - Lucille Hewitt starts work as a researcher at Marshall's Cotton Mill.
- 1991 - Don Brennan begins an affair with Julie Dewhurst.
- 1999 - Sharon Gaskell and Ian Bentley get married. Last appearance of Maud Grimes.
- 2000 - Having accepted Fred Elliott's marriage proposal, Audrey Roberts realises she doesn't want to marry him and turns him down. Curly Watts proposes to Emma Taylor in Paris, she accepts.
- 2010 - Steve McDonald pays Kylie Turner £20,000 so that she will hand her son Max over to Steve and wife Becky.
- 2013 - Faye Windass delays her Halloween party to this day on orders of her best friend Grace Piper. At the party, Nick Tilsley's stepson Simon Barlow accidentally bumps into him, and Nick lashes out.
- 1961 - The Equity actors' strike began. This reduced the total cast of the programme down to just thirteen characters at one point but ensured the popularity of the programme as it was ITV's only drama still being produced. The strike was called off on 3rd April 1962.
- 2004 - Granada Plus abruptly ceases transmission at 4:30pm (with no prior notice given to viewers), bringing the run of Coronation Street episodes under the Classic Coronation Street banner to a sudden end.
- 2010 - Release of Coronation Street: A Knight's Tale, the fifth of the programme's "straight to video/DVD" productions.
- 2015 - Stephen Hancock (Ernest Bishop) died.
Episodes were broadcast on 1st November on the following years:
- 1960s - 1961, 1965, 1967
- 1970s - 1971, 1972, 1976, 1978
- 1980s - 1982, 1989
- 1990s - 1991, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1998, 1999
- 2000s - 2000, 2002, 2004 (I) (II), 2006
- 2010s - 2010 (I) (II), 2013 (I) (II)