Coronation Street historyEdit
- 1962 - Baby Christopher Hewitt goes missing from outside Gamma Garments while in Lucille Hewitt's care. Christopher's pram was taken by Lucille's friend Brenda Cowan.
- 1969 - The Rovers regulars compete against the Flying Horse punters in a game of football. As it ends in a draw the Rovers wins at the toss of a coin.
- 1975 - A discarded cigarette starts a fire that quickly gets out of control at the Mark Brittain Warehouse. Employee Edna Gee is killed in the warehouse as the firemen try to control the blaze.
- 1999 - Judy Mallett's funeral. Terry Duckworth flees in the car that Judy was in when she got an embolism in her leg.
- 2000 - Gary Mallett leaves Weatherfield with his two children.
- 2003 - Steve McDonald proposes to Karen McDonald. She accepts. They have already been married before.
- 2009 - Fiz Brown and John Stape marry.
- 2012 - Kirsty Soames registers baby Ruby's birth, but leaves the father's name blank on the birth certificate so that, should Tyrone Dobbs leave her, she will ensured custody of Ruby.
- 1970 - Anglia Television began colour broadcasts. The first episode of Coronation Street they transmitted in colour was Episode 1013 (5th October 1970).
- 1974 - Keith Duffy (Ciaran McCarthy) born.
- 1996 - The satellite channel Granada Plus was launched, and on its opening night began a regular repeat run of consecutive episodes from the archives, starting from Episode 1588, originally transmitted on 5th April 1976.
Episodes were broadcast on 1st October on the following years:
- 1960s - 1962, 1969
- 1970s - 1973, 1975
- 1980s - 1980, 1984, 1986
- 1990s - 1990, 1993, 1997, 1999
- 2000s - 2000, 2001, 2003, 2004, 2006, 2007 (I) (II), 2008, 2009
- 2010s - 2010 (I) (II), 2012 (I) (II)