Coronation Street historyEdit
- 1969 - Albert Tatlock and Alice Pickins are supposed to get married, but Alice decides against it at the last minute. Alice leaves for Morecambe, the couple's honeymoon destination, alone.
- 1993 - Brendan Scott's funeral.
- 1995 - Ivy Brennan's will is read. She has left her house, 5 Coronation Street, to grandson Nick Platt on the condition he changes his surname back to "Tilsley". Ivy's husband Don Brennan gets nothing.
- 2003 - Curly and Emma Watts leave Weatherfield with their son Ben for a new life in Newcastle. (This is Kevin Kennedy's last appearance in the show as Curly after twenty years).
- 2008 - Teresa Bryant admits to Jerry Morton that he is in hospital because she has been poisoning him.
- 2011 - Tyrone Dobbs, Kirk Sutherland and Tommy Duckworth kidnap Leon Southam who is smuggling drugs into Norcross Prison - in the hope of keeping Fiz Stape safe.
- 1898 - Violet Carson (Ena Sharples) born.
- 1961 - Border Television launched. Episode 76 is the first episode of Coronation Street to be broadcast there on Monday 4th September.
- 1962 - Channel Television launched. Episode 180 is the first episode of Coronation Street to be broadcast there on Monday 3rd September.
- 1971 - Border Television begins colour broadcasts. The first episode of Coronation Street they transmitted in colour was Episode 1109.
- 2004 - Richard Everitt, former producer and executive producer died.
Episodes were broadcast on 1st September on the following years:
- 1960s - 1965, 1969
- 1970s - 1971, 1975, 1976
- 1980s - 1980, 1982, 1986
- 1990s - 1993, 1995, 1997, 1999
- 2000s - 2000, 2002, 2003 (I) (II), 2004, 2006, 2008 (I) (II)
- 2010s - 2011, 2013, 2014 (I) (II)