- 10th January - Joy Fishwick dies of a heart attack when John Stape confesses that he buried her dead son Colin (who Joy didn't know was dead).
- 14th February - During Peter and Leanne Barlow's wedding blessing, Peter exposes Leanne's affair with Nick Tilsley in front of a shocked congregation.
- 7th March - Edna Hargreaves, a customer at the salon, dies from natural causes while under the drier. Graeme Proctor agrees to marry Xin Chiang as she faces deportation when her visa expires. Repairs are completed on the Corner Shop flat, The Kabin and the Kabin flat following the December 2010 tram crash. The Kabin re-opens.
- 8th April - David Platt and Kylie Turner are married.
- 12th May - Dennis Tanner's first appearance since 1968 where it is revealed that he is homeless.
- 3rd June - Becky McDonald assaults Tracy Barlow with a sledgehammer, believing that she put social services onto the McDonalds regarding Max Turner's welfare. Steve McDonald stops her by admitting it was him. John Stape, on the run from the police, hands his daughter Hope over to Fiz Stape but jumps off the roof. Police later find no body where John fell, indicating that he survived the fall.
- 4th September - A drunken Carla Connor crashes her car into the bookies, hitting Stella Price in the process.
- 19th September - Carla Connor is sexually assaulted by Frank Foster after calling off their wedding.
- 25th October: John Stape returns to Coronation Street after being on the run for several months.
- 26th October: John kidnaps Rosie Webster for the second time and holds her hostage to tell her about the deaths so she can relay it in court. Fiz's trial starts.
- 27th October: John ends up in a car crash trying to flee Kevin Webster and get to court after holding Rosie hostage. Fiz is found guilty for Colin's murder.
- 28th October: John Stapes dies after his car accident, but manages to confess to the police that Fiz wasn't involved in Colin's death.
|←2010 2011 2012→|