Coronation Street historyEdit
- 1969 - Elsie Tanner is caught by security walking out of Miami Modes after work with Dot Greenhalgh's bag which has several unpaid dresses in it.
- 1976 - Renee Bradshaw's engagement to sailor Harry McClean is broken off when he can't see their marriage working out.
- 1982 - Hilda Ogden is delighted to get a job cleaning for the upper-class Doctor and Mrs Lowther.
- 1989 - Alan Bradley, newly released from prison, pushes into No. 7 with Rita Fairclough inside.
- 1993 - Amy Nelson leaves Andy McDonald and goes to Trinidad, supposedly for two weeks but in reality for good (This storyline was hastily amended when Louise Duprey, playing Amy had a breakdown. Melanie Brown - "Scary Spice" in the Spice Girls - played the character uncredited in this episode).
- 1995 - Betty Turpin marries Billy Williams. The bride is given away by Gordon Clegg.
- 1997 - Percy Sugden leaves the Street to live in Mayfield Court (Final appearance of the character).
- 2000 - Dean Sykes's funeral takes place. The family's estranged mother Eve turns up for the service (First appearance of the character).
- 2003 - Les Battersby, drinking in the Weatherfield Arms, chats up the barmaid "Lulu", not realising that she is really Cilla Brown, Fiz's mother (First appearance of the character).
- 2006 - Fred Elliott's funeral takes place. Jamie Baldwin tells stepmother Frankie that he's in love with her and kisses her.
- 2008 - Rosie Webster continues her kidnap ordeal by John Stape.
- 1983 - Peter Dudley (Bert Tilsley) died.
- 1989 - After almost three decades of being broadcast twice a week, Coronation Street goes thrice-weekly with an extra regular Friday episode.
Episodes were broadcast on 20th October on the following years:
- 1960s - 1965, 1969
- 1970s - 1971, 1975, 1976
- 1980s - 1980, 1982, 1986, 1989
- 1990s - 1993, 1995, 1997, 1999
- 2000s - 2000, 2002, 2003 (I) (II), 2004, 2006 (I) (II), 2008 (I) (II)
- 2010s - 2011