Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Coronation Street historyEdit
- 1941 - Jerry Booth is born.
- 1965 - Len Fairclough gives Jerry Booth his birthday present - a formal partnership in his building company which is now named "Fairclough and Booth".
- 1978 - Betty Turpin and Eddie Yeats appear on the cover of the first issue of the Newton & Ridley magazine Over the Bar - a jealous Annie Walker and Bet Lynch are not pleased.
- 1982 - Len and Rita Fairclough move into the newly-rebuilt No. 7 while Chalkie Whitely and his grandson Craig move into the vacant No. 9.
- 1995 - Death of Ivy Brennan.
- 1998 - Toyah Battersby makes a hoax bomb threat to a magazine that refuses to print her work. The police trace the call to No. 5.
- 2000 - Leanne Battersby leaves Weatherfield for Amsterdam, desperate to escape the stalking actions of Jez Quigley.
- 2002 - Doreen Heavey buys a house-name sign as a present for Ashley and Maxine Peacock - No. 4 is duly named "Balmoral".
- 2004 - A shocked Karen McDonald receives a visit from her estranged father Malcolm Phillips who was violent towards her when she was a child.
- 2010 - Steve and Becky McDonald face an adoption panel and are not recommended as parents because of a bad reference from Becky's half-sister Kylie Turner.
- 2013 - Chesney Brown and Katy Armstrong get back together.
- 1961 - Coronation Street reaches No.1 in the viewing charts for the first time.
- 1980 - Joanne Froggatt (Zoe Tattersall) born.
Episodes were broadcast on 23rd August on the following years:
- 1960s - 1961, 1965, 1967
- 1970s - 1971, 1972, 1976, 1978
- 1980s - 1982, 1989
- 1990s - 1991, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1998, 1999
- 2000s - 2000, 2002, 2004 (I) (II), 2006
- 2010s - 2010 (I) (II), 2012, 2013 (I) (II)