Coronation Street historyEdit
- 1941 - Jerry Booth is born.
- 1965 - Len Fairclough gives Jerry Booth his birthday present - a formal partnership in his building company which is now named "Fairclough and Booth".
- 1978 - Betty Turpin and Eddie Yeats appear on the cover of the first issue of the Newton & Ridley magazine Over the Bar - a jealous Annie Walker and Bet Lynch are not pleased.
- 1982 - Len and Rita Fairclough move into the newly-rebuilt No. 7 while Chalkie Whitely and his grandson Craig move into the vacant No. 9.
- 1995 - Death of Ivy Brennan.
- 1998 - Toyah Battersby makes a hoax bomb threat to a magazine that refuses to print her work. The police trace the call to No. 5.
- 2000 - Leanne Battersby leaves Weatherfield for Amsterdam, desperate to escape the stalking actions of Jez Quigley.
- 2002 - Doreen Heavey buys a house-name sign as a present for Ashley and Maxine Peacock - No. 4 is duly named "Balmoral".
- 2004 - A shocked Karen McDonald receives a visit from her estranged father Malcolm Phillips who was violent towards her when she was a child.
- 2010 - Steve and Becky McDonald face an adoption panel and are not recommended as parents because of a bad reference from Becky's half-sister Kylie Turner.
- 2013 - Chesney Brown and Katy Armstrong get back together.
- 1961 - Coronation Street reaches No.1 in the viewing charts for the first time.
- 1980 - Joanne Froggatt (Zoe Tattersall) born.
Episodes were broadcast on 23rd August on the following years:
- 1960s - 1961, 1965, 1967
- 1970s - 1971, 1972, 1976, 1978
- 1980s - 1982, 1989
- 1990s - 1991, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1998, 1999
- 2000s - 2000, 2002, 2004 (I) (II), 2006
- 2010s - 2010 (I) (II), 2012, 2013 (I) (II)