Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Coronation Street historyEdit
- 1940 - Audrey Potter born.
- 1962 - Len Fairclough takes on Jerry Booth as an apprentice (First appearance of the character).
- 1973 - In London, Elsie Howard hears the details of Dennis Tanner's imprisonment.
- 1975 - Albert Tatlock has an operation to remove a piece of shrapnel from his bottom that's been there since the First World War.
- 1980 - Hilda Ogden allows Eddie Yeats to lodge at No.13 on a permanent basis, him having gained full-time employment.
- 1993 - Liz McDonald takes Colin Barnes on at The Queens pub and immediately feels drawn to him.
- 1997 - Alice Watts born.
- 2000 - Audrey Roberts is given a surprise birthday party at which she is reunited with an old friend, Gladys Braithwaite, but the two women quickly fall out and Gladys reveals to everyone that Audrey is sixty and not fifty-eight as she claimed.
- 2010 - At Audrey Roberts's 70th birthday party in the Rovers, Gail McIntyre finds out that Audrey's partner Lewis Archer used to be a gigolo and confronts the pair. Audrey announces to the entire pub that she and Lewis are happy together and don't care what people think. Maria Connor returns to Weatherfield permanently after living in Ireland for eight months.
- 2012 - Sunita Alahan and Karl Munro are caught in a clinch by Stella Price, Eva Price and Leanne Barlow, thus exposing their affair. Stella throws Karl out of the Rovers but Dev Alahan refuses to give up on Sunita as he feels partially responsible.
- 1979 - The scheduled episode of Coronation Street is not broadcast due to a one-day strike by members of EETPU (Electrical, Electronic, Telecommunications and Plumbing Union) and NATTKE (National Association of Theatrical, Television and Kine Employees) which was a precursor to the ten-week 1979 ITV Strike.
- 2009 - Wednesday episodes of Coronation Street are moved to Thursdays on a permanent basis until 5th September 2012.
Episodes were broadcast on 23rd July on the following years:
- 1960s - 1962, 1969
- 1970s - 1973, 1975
- 1980s - 1980, 1984, 1986
- 1990s - 1990, 1993, 1997, 1999
- 2000s - 2000, 2001, 2003, 2004, 2006, 2007 (I) (II), 2008, 2009
- 2010s - 2010 (I) (II), 2012 (I) (II), 2014, 2015