Coronation Street historyEdit
- 1899 - Ena Schofield (later Sharples) born. Mary Makepiece (later Hewitt) is also born on this day.
- 1965 - David Barlow and Irma Ogden set a date for their wedding.
- 1969 - At a jumble sale, Betty Turpin buys Ken Barlow's old jacket for her husband Cyril and finds a love letter in the pocket.
- 1975 - Annie Walker collapses following a break-in at the Rovers.
- 1982 - Geoff Siddall runs off with Eddie Yeats's money.
- 1995 - Reg Holdsworth gets a job as manager of the Halifax branch of Freshco (Final appearance of the character).
- 1996 - Ken Barlow arrives at No.1 too late to stop Denise Osbourne and Brian Dunkley leaving with Ken and Denise's son Daniel. Fred Elliott asks Rita Sullivan to marry him.
- 1999 - Sharon and Ian Bentley leave the Street.
- 2004 - Dev Alahan tries to rescue wife Sunita from Maya Sharma at the Corner Shop flat. Maya ties them up and starts a fire, although they're rescued by Charlie Stubbs and Ciaran McCarthy before the shop blows up. Maya tries to kill them by driving her car at them but she is injured when a lorry crashes into her car.
- 2006 - Father and son Danny and Jamie Baldwin come to blows over Jamie's affair with Danny's wife Frankie. They end up struggling with each other in the canal.
- 2011 - Dennis Tanner goes missing after a woman named Norma Fountain comes looking for him.
- 2014 - Steve McDonald is diagnosed with depression, however he refuses psychotherapy and doesn't tell anyone that he has the condition.
- 2016 - The residents find out they have lost their desposits in Pat Phelan's flats scam.
- 1925 - Stephen Hancock (Ernest Bishop) born.
- 1980 - Warren Jackson (the first Nick Tilsley) born.
- 1996 - Episode 4096 is broadcast in the UK, the programme's first regular Sunday episode. From this episode onwards, Coronation Street is broadcast four times a week.
Episodes were broadcast on 24th November on the following years:
- 1960s - 1965, 1969
- 1970s - 1971, 1975, 1976
- 1980s - 1980, 1982, 1986, 1989
- 1990s - 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1999
- 2000s - 2000, 2002, 2003 (I) (II), 2004 (I) (II), 2006, 2008 (I) (II)
- 2010s - 2011, 2014 (I) (II), 2016