Coronation Street historyEdit
- 1966 - Elsie Tanner is held at knifepoint by an unbalanced Moira Maxwell, the widow of Robert who died in his car in September 1965 immediately after he picked up Elsie at the "Fox and Hounds" pub in Cheshire.
- 1979 - Ray Langton informs Deirdre that he is filing for divorce and citing Ken Barlow as co-respondent.
- 1983 - Ken Barlow buys a third share of the Weatherfield Recorder. Brian Tilsley takes on Kevin Webster as a full-time mechanic.
- 1997 - Single parent Sally Webster starts a relationship with Chris Collins.
- 2001 - Jack and Vera Duckworth discover that Terry is being held on a charge of attempted murder.
- 2004 - Dev Alahan and Sunita Parekh have their civil wedding ceremony prior to their Hindu wedding ceremony.
- 2005 - Mike Baldwin tells Danny that he's his natural son and not just his nephew.
- 2008 - The Barlows receive a phone call from Peter to tell them that his ex-wife Lucy has died.
- 2011 - Fiz Stape's murder trial begins. John Stape arranges to view No.12, calling himself "Mr Chips".
- 2012 - Sophie Webster is hit by a car.
- 2014 - Peter Balow is sentenced to fifteen years for Tina McIntyre's murder. Deirdre Barlow extends her stay with Bev Unwin after her brother passes away. Yasmeen Nazir's new community centre Jamila House is opened on Victoria Street.
- 1979 - After ten week's of blank screens due to strike action, the ITV network returns to the screens at 5.45pm. Coronation Street continues where it left off on 8th August with the next scheduled episode but with a specially filmed prologue of Peter Adamson and Julie Goodyear, both in character as Len Fairclough and Bet Lynch and out of character speaking directly to the camera, reminding viewers of the "story so far".
- 2000 - At a Buckingham Palace investiture with the Queen, Elizabeth Dawn collects her MBE that was announced in the birthday honours on 16th June.
Episodes were broadcast on 24th October on the following years:
- 1960s - 1962, 1966
- 1970s - 1973, 1977, 1979
- 1980s - 1983, 1984, 1988
- 1990s - 1990, 1994, 1997, 1999
- 2000s - 2001, 2003, 2004, 2005 (I) (II), 2007, 2008 (I) (II)
- 2010s - 2011 (I) (II), 2012, 2014 (I) (II)