- See also: Christmas
Coronation Street historyEdit
- 1963 - Billy Walker and Joan Davies return to Coronation Street as Annie Walker gets a This is Your Life, organised by Dennis Tanner. Esther Hayes tells the residents she is moving to Glasgow.
- 1967 - The Rovers regulars compete against the punters from the Flying Horse in a tug-of-war game. The Rovers team loses.
- 1972 - A 1940s show is held at the Rovers, with Billy Walker as master of ceremonies.
- 1987 - Hilda Ogden leaves Coronation Street for the last time. Her friends gather at the Rovers as she sings one last song, 'Wish me Luck as You Wave Me Goodbye'. (Final appearance of the character)
- 1988 - Deirdre Barlow escapes from Brian Roscoe's flat, after he refused to let her leave for hours.
- 1989 - Derek Wilton finds out he has lost his job.
- 1990 - Gail Tilsley gives birth to a baby boy, David.
- 1991 - Jealous that his ex-partner Alma Sedgewick has since been seeing Ken Barlow, Mike Baldwin lures Alma to bed. Des Foster makes a pass at Bet Gilroy, but she throws him out of the Rovers.
- 1994 - Curly Watts names a star Mrs Raquel Watts as a Christmas present for Raquel. Martin Platt kisses student nurse Cathy Power while comforting her over a death at the hospital. Deirdre Rachid agrees to go to Morocco with husband Samir so they can stay together.
- 1996 - Martin Platt rescues Don Brennan from killing himself. Curly Watts sleeps with Maureen Webster.
- 1997 - Kevin and Sally Webster get back together.
- 1998 - Judy Mallett gives birth to twins - a boy (Billy) and a girl (Becky).
- 1999 - Natalie Barnes and Vinny Sorrell share a kiss. Fred Elliott gives his son Ashley Peacock and his wife Maxine 4 Coronation Street as a Christmas present. Martin Platt has sex with nurse Rebecca Hopkins, cheating on his wife Gail.
- 2000 - Roy Cropper refuses to return Wayne Hayes to the care of his mother's boyfriend Alex Swinton when he sees Alex hit Wayne. Jason Grimshaw visits mother Eileen (first appearance of the character).
- 2001 - Deirdre Rachid sleeps with Dev Alahan. Terry Duckworth drives an ill Jack to hospital even though he knows the police are looking for Terry. He is arrested.
- 2002 - Tracy Preston shows up at No.1, having split up with husband Robert.
- 2003 - Steve McDonald, who is soon to re-marry Karen McDonald, finds out from Tracy Barlow that Tracy will soon give birth to his baby. He threatens to kill her if she tells Karen.
- 2004 - Steve McDonald and Tracy Barlow realise Karen McDonald has tricked them into thinking she has killed Steve and Tracy's daughter Amy. Ashley Peacock and Claire Casey marry.
- 2005 - Mike Baldwin worries he might have Alzheimer's when he forgets that his brother Harry died earlier in the year. The incident reduces him to tears.
- 2006 - The Platts and the Websters eat Christmas dinner at No.8. David Platt reveals to Gail Platt that he knows she wanted to abort him before he was born. Bill Webster's wife Maureen puts in a surprise appearance, but David spoils the party by telling her that Bill has been playing away with Audrey Roberts. A young woman leaves a baby at No.11, claiming that Jason Grimshaw is the father.
- 2007 - The Websters and Fiz Brown find out about Fiz's boyfriend John Stape's affair with teenager Rosie Webster. Kevin Webster beats John up when he finds out.
- 2008 - Tony Gordon offers to house Jed Stone after finding out Jed survived an attempted murder by him. He makes the condition however that he will not bother him again or try to contact his friends in Coronation Street.
- 2009 - Kevin Webster is about to tell his wife Sally that he is leaving her, but she tells him she has breast cancer, causing him to abandon his plans and stand by her.
- 2011 - Becky McDonald's flat is accidentally set on fire. She is saved by Nick Tilsley and rushed to hospital.
- 2012 - Nick Tilsley calls off his wedding to Leanne Barlow after finding out she asked Peter Barlow for a reconciliation earlier that day. Later on, he sleeps with Kylie Platt, his sister-in-law, who has split up from David Platt.
- 1987 - Hilda Ogden's departure episode (together with its omnibus repeat) earns Coronation Street 26,650,000 viewers - its largest ever audience.
- 1991 - For the first time, two episodes of Coronation Street are broadcast on the same day on ITV (not including omnibuses).
Episodes were broadcast on 25th December on the following years:
- 1960s - 1961, 1963, 1967, 1968
- 1970s - 1972
- 1980s - 1985, 1987, 1988, 1989
- 1990s - 1990, 1991 (I) (II), 1992, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999
- 2000s - 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009
- 2010s - 2010, 2011, 2012