Coronation Street historyEdit
- 1961 - Linda and Elsie have a bitter row when Linda resents her mother's continual advice on bringing up baby Paul.
- 1989 - When Vera Duckworth finds out that Jack has been out with Tina Fowler, she tackles her in the Rovers, resulting in a fracas in which Alec Gilroy is drenched by a thrown drink and Vera is barred.
- 1993 - Alf and Audrey Roberts decide to move to Lytham St Annes.
- 1994 - Chesney Brown is born.
- 1995 - Bill Webster returns to Weatherfield for the first time in ten years.
- 1996 - A talent night at the Rovers goes wrong when a majority of the contestants sing the same Frank Sinatra songs.
- 1999 - Having obtained his birth certificate for his forthcoming wedding, Ashley Peacock finds out the name of his natural mother and is determined to track Kathleen Gutteridge down.
- 2002 - As Richard Hillman sets off to his wedding to Gail Platt, he is stopped and questioned by the police about the disappearance of his ex-wife Patricia, who Richard had previously murdered.
- 2017 - Billy Mayhew becomes the legal guardian of Summer Spellman, his late ex-partner Drew's daughter.
- 1976 - Channel Television is the last of the ITV stations to begin colour broadcasts. The first episode of Coronation Street they transmitted in colour was Episode 1620 broadcast the same day.
- 1979 - Death on the Street, a Thames Television programme which examines the public's reaction to the death of long-running characters in Coronation Street is broadcast.
- 2017 - Writer Peter Whalley died.
Episodes were broadcast on 26th July on the following years:
- 1960s - 1961, 1965, 1967
- 1970s - 1971, 1972, 1976, 1978
- 1980s - 1982, 1989
- 1990s - 1991, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1998, 1999
- 2000s - 2000, 2002, 2004 (I) (II), 2006
- 2010s - 2010 (I) (II), 2012, 2013 (I) (II), 2017