Coronation Street history
- 1965 - Twins Peter and Susan Barlow are christened.
- 1966 - Raquel Wolstenhulme is born.
- 1982 - Sharon Gaskell runs away from her long-term foster parents to live with Len and Rita Fairclough.
- 1995 - Tricia Armstrong quits her job as cleaner at the Rovers when landlady Bet Gilroy docks her wages because of lateness.
- 2002 - First appearance of Joe Carter.
- 2008 - A gang of hoodies including Kenzie Judd rob The Kabin and attack Norris Cole. First appearance of Joe McIntyre.
- 2010 - Nick Tilsley and David Platt bribe Anka Grabowski to tell the police that in February she witnessed an argument between Joe and Gail McIntyre, as Gail is about to stand trial for Joe's murder.
- 2011 - Sally Webster turns down a marriage proposal from Jeff Cullen.
- 2014 - Tina McIntyre threatens to expose her affair with Peter Barlow, leading Rob Donovan to murder her to protect his sister, and Peter's fiancee, Carla Connor.
- 2015 - Steve McDonald and Michelle Connor are married. Tracy Barlow prepares to murder Carla Connor in her flat, only to be disturbed by a noise and not go through with it. Meanwhile a candle that she had left by a lamp catches fire, with both Carla and Tracy's daughter Amy inside the flat asleep.
- 2017 - Daniel Osbourne is revealed to be Ken Barlow's attempted killer when he retrieves a bloodied book from under the floorboards of the shop flat that he used to batter his father with.
- 1970 - Granada Television technicians belonging to the ACTT (Association of Cinematograph Television and Allied Technicians) Union go on strike in support of a 12% pay rise, partly for working in colour, a side of the dispute that would escalate into the ITV Colour Strike on 13th November of the same year. The strike only affected Granada - the rest of the ITV network carried on as usual but without any Granada programmes, including Coronation Street. The dispute was called off on Saturday 20th June but it took until Monday 22nd June for the service to be resumed, which it did at 2.35pm. Aside from the 1979 strike, it was the longest stoppage in the programme's history.
- 1982 - The Grape Street set used for outdoor shots of the Street since 1968 is seen for the last time.
- 1985 - Lucy Evans (Lauren Wilson) born.
Episodes were broadcast on 26th May on the following years:
- 1960s - 1965, 1969
- 1970s - 1971, 1976
- 1980s - 1980, 1982, 1986
- 1990s - 1993, 1995, 1997, 1999
- 2000s - 2000, 2002, 2003 (I) (II), 2006, 2008 (I) (II), 2009
- 2010s - 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 (I) (II)