Coronation Street historyEdit
- 1961 - Billy Walker returns from National Service. This is his first appearance in the series. Emily Nugent (later Bishop) debuts in the same episode, but is credited as "Miss Nugent" until 1969.
- 1964 - First appearance of Irma Ogden. Parents Hilda and Stan will follow later in the year.
- 1965 - Ena Sharples and Elsie Tanner row in the Street when Ena tries to evict the Tanners from No. 11.
- 1971 - Valerie Barlow is electrocuted by a faulty power outlet in her home and killed instantly. while husband Ken and the other residents wait for her at the Barlows farewell party in the Rovers.
- 1986 - First appearance of Sally Seddon (later Webster). Kevin Webster splashes her with his van when she is on her way to a job interview. He takes her back to Coronation Street to dry and they agree to a date.
- 1999 - Martin Platt gets the job of Assistant Manager at Weatherfield Vale - an old folk's home.
- 2003 - At Maxine Peacock's funeral, Richard Hillman moves the congregation with a speech about Maxine.
Episodes were broadcast on 27th January on the following years:
- 1960s - 1961, 1964, 1965, 1969
- 1970s - 1971, 1975
- 1980s - 1982, 1986, 1988
- 1990s - 1992, 1993, 1995, 1997, 1999
- 2000s - 2002, 2003 (I) (II), 2006
- 2010s - 2011, 2012 (I) (II)
- Turn out the Lights - The Happy Medium (1967 - all ITV regions except Associated Rediffusion, Tyne Tees Television and Teledu Cymru)