Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Coronation Street historyEdit
- 1938 - Fred Elliott born.
- 1969 - The Street residents set off on their outing to the Lake District but the horrified management of the coach company realise they've gone on a coach with faulty steering which could go at any moment.
- 1971 - Jerry Booth receives a twelve-month conditional discharge at his trial for his assault on Jim Stoker in the Rovers.
- 1975 - After an eighteen-month absence, Ena Sharples gets her old job back at the Community Centre and the flat that goes with it.
- 1976 - Handel Gartside arrives in Weatherfield to say that Minnie Caldwell will be staying with him in Whaley Bridge and will not be returning to the Street.
- 1980 - Brian Tilsley is sacked by Ron Sykes for taking a customer's car for an outing without permission after being pushed into doing so by Audrey Potter.
- 1989 - Jim and Liz McDonald look round No.11 with a view to buying it (First appearance of the characters).
- 1995 - Jack and Vera Duckworth are stunned to discover that their bid to become the new owners of the Rovers has been successful.
- 1997 - In pursuit of Les Battersby through the communal lofts after he has been letting himself into No.3, Ken Barlow falls through the ceiling of No.5 and onto a bed which contains a shocked Nick Tilsley and Leanne Battersby.
- 2003 - Tracy Barlow accepts £5,000 from Roy and Hayley Cropper to keep her unborn baby, despite confessing to Peter Barlow that Steve McDonald is the father of the child and not Roy.
- 2008 - Liam Connor's funeral takes place.
- 2011 - Fiz Stape is found guilty for the murder of Colin Fishwick, and John Stape is critically injured in a car crash after being chased by Kevin Webster.
- 2014 - On his stag night, Rob Donovan confesses to sister Carla Barlow that he killed Tina McIntyre when she deduces that her husband Peter was not responsible and takes him to task over the truth. He begs her not to call the police as he has more to live for than Peter.
- 1959 - Anglia Television commences broadcasting.
- 1978 - A strike commences at Southern Television which is not called off until 7th November and leads to three episodes of Coronation Street never being seen by viewers in that region.
- 1995 - 1970s producer Susi Hush dies.
Episodes were broadcast on 27th October on the following years:
- 1960s - 1965, 1969
- 1970s - 1971, 1975, 1976
- 1980s - 1980, 1982, 1986, 1989
- 1990s - 1993, 1995, 1997, 1999
- 2000s - 2000, 2002, 2003 (I) (II), 2004, 2006, 2008 (I) (II)
- 2010s - 2011, 2014 (1) (II)