Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Coronation Street historyEdit
- 1964 - Jerry and Myra Booth's money problems get worse when their electricity is cut off.
- 1968 - Dennis Tanner and Jenny Sutton set their wedding date.
- 1970 - Ken and Irma Barlow have a furious row over David's death.
- 1981 - Elsie Tanner's home is wrecked by Muriel Fielding after she discovers that Elsie spent the night with her husband Bill.
- 1998 - Forced by Vera Duckworth, Jack sees a hypnotherapist for help with stopping smoking but he uses the session to con everyone that he has been regressed into a past life - "Lusty Jack", an Eighteenth Century rake.
- 2002 - Geena Gregory discovers that fiancé Dev Alahan slept with Deirdre Rachid the previous Christmas and breaks off her engagement with him.
- 2011 - Graeme and Xin Proctor are interviewed by Bob Stephenson from immigration.
- 1961 - Westward Television was launched however they initially opt not to show Coronation Street. After clamour from viewers in the region they joined with the programme with Episode 48 on Monday 29th May.
Episodes were broadcast on 29th April on the following years:
- 1960s - 1963, 1964, 1968
- 1970s - 1970, 1974
- 1980s - 1981, 1985, 1987
- 1990s - 1991, 1992, 1994, 1996, 1998
- 2000s - 2001, 2002 (I) (II), 2005, 2007, 2009
- 2010s - 2010, 2011 (I) (II), 2013 (I) (II), 2015, 2016 (I) (II)