Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Coronation Street history
- 1961 - Elsie Tanner and Arnold Tanner are now officially divorced.
- 1968 - Dennis Tanner marries Jenny Sutton. Dennis leaves after the reception for a work commitment in Bristol. Jerry Booth leaves for London, not to return until 1971.
- 1972 - Maggie Clegg takes on Norma Ford as assistant at the Corner Shop.
- 1974 - Ken Barlow resigns from his teaching position at Bessie Street School to take a job as staff supervisor at the Mark Brittain Warehouse.
- 1978 - The residents hold a pram race/pub crawl. Suzie Birchall and Steve Fisher are first to finish but they are disqualified.
- 2000 - Tyrone Dobbs and Maria Sutherland go on their first date.
- 2015 - Kylie Platt returns to the area after running away the previous Christmas.
- 1918 - H.V. "Harry" Kershaw, one the programme's longest-running and most influential writers and producers, is born.
- 1960 - Alan Igbon (the first Tony Stewart) is born.
- 1961 - Westward Television begins transmitting Coronation Street, exactly one month after the station went on the air in the South West region of England.
- 1978 - Adam Rickitt (the second Nick Tilsley) is born.
Episodes were broadcast on 29th May on the following years:
- 1960s - 1961, 1963, 1967, 1968
- 1970s - 1972, 1974, 1978
- 1980s - 1985, 1989
- 1990s - 1991, 1992, 1995, 1996, 1998
- 2000s - 2000, 2002, 2005, 2006 (I) (II), 2009
- 2010s - 2011, 2014, 2015