Coronation Street history
- 1961 - Elsie Tanner and Arnold Tanner are now officially divorced.
- 1968 - Dennis Tanner marries Jenny Sutton. Dennis leaves after the reception for a work commitment in Bristol. Jerry Booth leaves for London, not to return until 1971.
- 1972 - Maggie Clegg takes on Norma Ford as assistant at the Corner Shop.
- 1974 - Ken Barlow resigns from his teaching position at Bessie Street School to take a job as staff supervisor at the Mark Brittain Warehouse.
- 1978 - The residents hold a pram race/pub crawl. Suzie Birchall and Steve Fisher are first to finish but they are disqualified.
- 2000 - Tyrone Dobbs and Maria Sutherland go on their first date.
- 2015 - Kylie Platt returns to the area after running away the previous Christmas.
- 1918 - H.V. "Harry" Kershaw, one the programme's longest-running and most influential writers and producers, is born.
- 1960 - Alan Igbon (the first Tony Stewart) is born.
- 1961 - Westward Television begins transmitting Coronation Street, exactly one month after the station went on the air in the South West region of England.
- 1978 - Adam Rickitt (the second Nick Tilsley) is born.
Episodes were broadcast on 29th May on the following years:
- 1960s - 1961, 1963, 1967, 1968
- 1970s - 1972, 1974, 1978
- 1980s - 1985, 1989
- 1990s - 1991, 1992, 1995, 1996, 1998
- 2000s - 2000, 2002, 2005, 2006 (I) (II), 2009
- 2010s - 2011, 2014, 2015