Coronation Street historyEdit
- 1962 - The Street residents are shocked to discover that the newly-returned Christine Appleby is a widow, her husband of four months Colin having been killed in a car crash.
- 1969 - The residents enjoy an outing in the Lake District but the day ends in horror when the coach crashes and most are injured, Ray Langton most severely, being confined to a wheelchair for several months, and the driver Reg Ellis is killed.
- 1973 - Unknown to anyone in the Street, Ken Barlow and Janet Reid are married while away in Scotland. Back in Weatherfield, Ena Sharples collapses in the snug of the Rovers with a heart attack.
- 1975 - The residents discover that Betty Turpin is Gordon Clegg's mother when his girlfriend Sophie Edwards blurts the truth out in the Rovers.
- 2000 - On holiday in France, Fred Elliott proposes to Audrey Roberts and is delighted when she accepts.
- 2004 - Having set up the newly-married Dev and Sunita Alahan on false charges of bigamy and illegal immigration, Maya Sharma goads Dev into threatening to kill her and visits Sunita in prison where she drives her to the point where she is put on suicide watch.
- 2007 - Determined to spoil Sarah Platt's wedding, half-brother David starts to engineer a suicide bid.
- 2008 - After an eighteen-month absence, Peter Barlow turns up on the Street with son Simon, his mother Lucy having recently died.
- 2009 - Tony Gordon collapses outside The Kabin with chest pains. He is found by Roy Cropper.
- 2010 - Kylie Turner offers to sell her son Max to half-sister Becky McDonald and her husband Steve for £20,000. They agree to Kylie's offer as Becky is desperate to ensure that Max is well cared for.
- 2015 - Alya Nazir confesses to fiancé Gary Windass that she had sex with someone else.
- 2018 - Ken Barlow confesses to his sons Peter Barlow and Daniel Osbourne that Sinead Tinker has cervical cancer following her collapse in the Rovers' toilets.
- 1969 - Coronation Street's second all-location episode, filmed mostly in the Lake District is transmitted.
- 1975 - Graham Haberfield's final episode in the role of Jerry Booth is transmitted. The actor had died on 17th October but his widow Valerie asked that his previously recorded episodes be transmitted unedited.
- 2010 - Faith and Nicole Holt (the fourth actresses to portray Hope Stape) are born.
Episodes were broadcast on 29th October on the following years:
- 1960s - 1962, 1969
- 1970s - 1973, 1975, 1979
- 1980s - 1980, 1984, 1986
- 1990s - 1990, 1993, 1997, 1999
- 2000s - 2000, 2001, 2003, 2004, 2006, 2007 (I) (II), 2008, 2009
- 2010s - 2010 (I) (II), 2012 (I) (II), 2014, 2015, 2018 (I) (II)
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|