Coronation Street historyEdit
- 1965 - Florrie Lindley leaves for a new life in Canada with her husband Norman. Leonard Swindley starts working at Dobson and Hawks department store.
- 1968 - Martin Platt is born.
- 1969 - Twins Peter and Susan Barlow, who went missing in a fairground, are found by Mrs Allendale. Maggie Clegg's sister Betty Turpin (in her first appearance) arrives to help Maggie with the Corner Shop.
- 1976 - Ken Barlow's partner Wendy Nightingale leaves Ken to return to her husband, Roger.
- 1980 - Gail Tilsley finds out that she's pregnant and tells Brian Tilsley.
- 1982 - Bet Lynch moves into the Corner Shop flat.
- 1995 - Samir Rachid dies from injuries sustained in a fight with a gang of youths. His widow Deirdre gives consent for his kidney to be transplanted to ill Tracy Barlow.
- 2000 - Sarah Platt goes into labour.
- 2002 - Roy Cropper is arrested for attempted armed robbery at a mini-mart as he practices with his replica musket he hired for a historical re-enactment.
- 2004 - Sarah Platt and Todd Grimshaw's newborn baby Billy dies.
- 2006 - Keith Appleyard is shocked to learn that Charlie Stubbs has bought his house, No.6, and is served with two months' notice.
- 2008 - Teresa Bryant cons Lloyd Mullaney into believing that he fathered her son Finlay, to get money out of him.
- 2011 - Confessed murderer John Stape, on the run from the police, abducts his daughter Hope and runs off.
- 2014 - Tina McIntyre dies in Weatherfield General several days after being viciously assaulted by Rob Donovan.
- 2003 - Julie Hesmondhalgh marries actor Ian Kershaw, who she met while working on Coronation Street.
- 2010 - The scheduled episode of Coronation Street is postponed due to the real-life events involving Derrick Bird shooting twelve people dead in the Lake District. The episode featured the use of guns in the siege of Underworld by Tony Gordon and it was felt that its subject matter was too sensitive to the day's events.
Episodes were broadcast on 2nd June on the following years:
- 1960s - 1965, 1969
- 1970s - 1971, 1975, 1976
- 1980s - 1980, 1982, 1986
- 1990s - 1993, 1995, 1997, 1999
- 2000s - 2000, 2002, 2003 (I) (II), 2004, 2006, 2008 (I) (II)
- 2010s - 2011, 2014 (I) (II)
- Pardon the Expression - The First Day (1965 - the debut episode of the spin-off series)