Coronation Street historyEdit
- 1961 - Harry Hewitt and Concepta Riley are married. Elsie Tanner is introduced to Bill Gregory.
- 1963 - Doreen Lostock leaves the Street to join the Women's Royal Army Corps and see the world (Final appearance of the character).
- 1974 - Sheila Crossley finishes her stay with the Bishops (Final appearance of the character). Billy Walker proposes to Deirdre Hunt. The women of the Street win a holiday for two in the Bahamas in a Spot the Ball competition.
- 1985 - Alf Roberts and Audrey Potter start to take an interest in each other.
- 1989 - Martin Platt moves into No. 8 to be with Gail Tilsley.
- 1995 - Gary and Judy Mallett view No. 9 with a view to buying it (First appearance of the characters). Bet Gilroy hears that Newton & Ridley is putting the Rovers up for sale.
- 1998 - Roy Cropper throws a pint of beer over Mike Baldwin for calling Hayley Patterson a freak.
- 2002 - Les Battersby and Kirk Sutherland pretend to be a gay couple for the benefit of the council housing officer in order that Les won't be prosecuted for sub-letting and Kirk won't be evicted. An unexpected visit from Janice blows their story when she has hysterics at the tale she hears.
- 2008 - Lucy Barlow dies.
- 1911 - Gabrielle Daye (Beattie Pearson) born.
- 1974 - Simon Gregson (Steve McDonald) and Scott Wright (Sam Kingston) born.
- 1986 - Tom Hudson (Paul Clayton) born.
Episodes were broadcast on 2nd October on the following years:
- 1960s - 1961, 1963, 1967, 1968
- 1970s - 1972, 1974, 1978
- 1980s - 1985, 1989
- 1990s - 1991, 1992, 1995, 1996, 1998
- 2000s - 2000, 2002, 2005, 2006 (I) (II), 2009 (I) (II)
- The Brothers McGregor - The Talent Contest (1985)