Coronation Street history
- 1961 - Harry Hewitt and Concepta Riley are married. Elsie Tanner is introduced to Bill Gregory.
- 1963 - Doreen Lostock leaves the Street to join the Women's Royal Army Corps and see the world (Final appearance of the character).
- 1974 - Sheila Crossley finishes her stay with the Bishops (Final appearance of the character). Billy Walker proposes to Deirdre Hunt. The women of the Street win a holiday for two in the Bahamas in a Spot the Ball competition.
- 1985 - Alf Roberts and Audrey Potter start to take an interest in each other.
- 1989 - Martin Platt moves into 33 Hammond Road to be with Gail Tilsley.
- 1995 - Gary and Judy Mallett view No. 9 with a view to buying it (First appearance of the characters). Bet Gilroy hears that Newton & Ridley is putting the Rovers up for sale.
- 1998 - Roy Cropper throws a pint of beer over Mike Baldwin for calling Hayley Patterson a freak.
- 2002 - Les Battersby and Kirk Sutherland pretend to be a gay couple for the benefit of the council housing officer in order that Les won't be prosecuted for sub-letting and Kirk won't be evicted. An unexpected visit from Janice blows their story when she has hysterics at the tale she hears.
- 2008 - Lucy Barlow dies.
- 2013 - Ryan Connor leaves Weatherfield to live in Ibiza.
- 2017 - Mel Maguire kidnaps Bethany Platt as Mel tries to stop Bethany from testifying against Nathan Curtis. They discover that Lara Cutler has taken her own life after her body is found on a railway line. Bethany is released.
- 1911 - Gabrielle Daye (Beattie Pearson) born.
- 1974 - Simon Gregson (Steve McDonald) and Scott Wright (Sam Kingston) born.
- 1986 - Tom Hudson (Paul Clayton) born.
Episodes were broadcast on 2nd October on the following years:
- 1960s - 1961, 1963, 1967, 1968
- 1970s - 1972, 1974, 1978
- 1980s - 1985, 1989
- 1990s - 1991, 1992, 1995, 1996, 1998
- 2000s - 2000, 2002, 2005, 2006 (I) (II), 2009 (I) (II)
- 2010s - 2013, 2017 (I) (II)
- The Brothers McGregor - The Talent Contest (1985)