Coronation Street historyEdit
- 1926 - Vera Hopkins is born.
- 1970 - Sandra Butler leaves Coronation Street with Frank Bradley and Judd Johnson (Final appearance of Sandra). Maggie Clegg goes to see estranged husband Les after finding out he is dying.
- 1983 - Ken Barlow is sacked from his job at the Community Centre for breach of contract. The Duckworths have to vacate their house at No. 20 Inkerman Street - they're taken in by Ivy Tilsley at No.5.
- 1987 - The residents hold a fete to raise funds for a baby with a serious eye condition, so he can go to America for an operation.
- 1990 - Ken Barlow moves into the Corner Shop flat.
- 1992 - As the Gilroys prepare to leave the Rovers and Weatherfield, Bet Gilroy decides she doesn't want to go.
- 2001 - Fred Elliott proposes to Evelyn Sykes. Emma Watts starts having early contractions and risks losing her baby.
- 2005 - On her first day at Weatherfield High, Sophie Webster finds out she has not been registered to attend the school. Sally Webster speaks to headmaster Mr Lewis who tells her there are no remaining places available.
- 2008 - Following Jerry Morton's collapse from poisoning by Teresa Bryant, she tells paramedics that Jerry took too much medication.
- 2009 - Norris Cole finds out his half-brother Ramsay Clegg has died from a brain tumour. Joshua Peacock suffers a reaction to a bee sting during a fete in Coronation Street.
- 1957 - Scottish Television begins broadcasting.
- 1993 - Stuart Latham, Coronation Street's first producer, dies.
Episodes were broadcast on 31st August on the following years:
- 1960s - 1964, 1966
- 1970s - 1970, 1977
- 1980s - 1981, 1983, 1987, 1988
- 1990s - 1990, 1992, 1994, 1997, 1998
- 2000s - 2001, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2009 (I) (II)
- 2010s - 2015 (I) (II), 2016, 2018 (I) (II)
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|