Coronation Street historyEdit
- 1962 - Leonard Swindley holds the first meeting of his campaign for the forthcoming local elections in the Mission of Glad Tidings, but it comes to an abrupt halt when the boiler explodes.
- 1973 - Ken and Janet Barlow return to the Street from Scotland and announce that they are now married.
- 1983 - Eddie Yeats marries Marion Willis. Mike Baldwin is a guest at wedding and is upset to see his baby son, Mark Redman for the first time when his mother Maggie brings him along.
- 1984 - Brian Tilsley ejects Audrey Potter's ex-boyfriend George Hepworth from No.5 and threatens him in the Street for coming on to Gail.
- 1999 - Ravi Desai flies to India for his brother's funeral (final appearance of the character).
- 2005 - The most unorthodox wedding in the Street's history takes place when Les Battersby marries Cilla Brown: the church has to be broken into to enable the service to take place, Status Quo provide the part entertainment and Les trashes his own wedding presents.
- 2007 - David Platt ruins Sarah's wedding by faking a suicide bid but she makes sure that the ceremony goes ahead as planned.
- 2008 - Becky Granger is arrested by her old enemy DC Hooch for assault.
- 2011 - Fiz Stape is sentenced to life imprisonment for the murder of Colin Fishwick, despite husband John's deathbed confession.
- 2012 - Tina McIntyre, acting as a surrogate for Gary Windass and Izzy Armstrong, has the embryos implanted, against the wishes of her boyfriend Tommy Duckworth.
- 2014 - On Tracy Barlow and Rob Donovan's wedding day, Carla Barlow tells the police about Rob's confession that he killed Tina McIntyre. Rob goes on the run before the police arrive at the hotel, preventing the wedding from taking place. Tracy is arrested for perverting the course of justice and later released on bail.
- 1919 - Daphne Oxenford (Esther Hayes) born.
- 1959 - Ulster Television begins broadcasting.
- 1970 - Craig Kelly (Luke Strong) born.
Episodes were broadcast on 31st October on the following years:
- 1960s - 1962, 1966
- 1970s - 1973, 1977, 1979
- 1980s - 1983, 1984, 1988
- 1990s - 1990, 1994, 1997, 1999
- 2000s - 2001, 2003, 2004, 2005 (I) (II), 2007, 2008 (I) (II)
- 2010s - 2011 (I) (II), 2012, 2014 (I) (II), 2016 (I) (II)