Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Coronation Street historyEdit
- 1945 - Norma Ford born.
- 1961 - Emily Nugent moves her stock from her failing baby linen shop to Leonard Swindley's haberdashers as they combine their businesses. Swindley's assistant, Miss Pemberton walks out in protest after declaring her love for him.
- 1963 - After problems with Elsie Tanner and Dot Greenhalgh, Christine Appleby transfers to another branch of Miami Modes (Final appearance of the character).
- 1967 - Len Fairclough builds a bench for the empty space in Coronation Street left by the demolition of No.7. It would remain there until 1982.
- 1974 - Soldier Martin Downes is horrified to find out that Bet Lynch is his natural mother and he leaves the Rovers without telling her who he is.
- 1978 - The strike at Baldwin's Casuals continues and a fight breaks out with the pickets when Mike Baldwin tries to bring in non-union labour.
- 1991 - Jackie Ingram makes plans to sell her factory when she marries Mike Baldwin, not realising it is to wrest the factory from her that he is marrying her in the first place.
- 1992 - Following his car crash from reckless driving, Don Brennan is told that his lower right leg will have to be amputated.
- 1995 - Alec Gilroy returns to the Street for the first time in three years to prevent the marriage of Steve McDonald and his granddaughter Vicky Arden.
- 1998 - Realising that she wants to be with Roy Cropper, Hayley Patterson follows him home from Amsterdam but is detained at the airport as her passport still states that she is a man.
- 2000 - Gary Mallett saves Warren Shipley, a young boy from drowning at Blackpool.
- 2006 - Charlie Stubbs buys No.6 and tells Keith Appleyard and Craig Harris that they are evicted.
- 2009 - Maria Connor gives birth to Liam Connor Jr. on Ainsdale Beach. With nobody else around, Tony Gordon has to act as midwife.
- 2015 - Julie Carp leaves Weatherfield to go on a round the world trip with Brian Packham.
Episodes were broadcast on 3rd July on the following years:
- 1960s - 1961, 1963, 1967, 1968
- 1970s - 1972, 1974, 1978
- 1980s - 1985, 1989
- 1990s - 1991, 1992, 1995, 1996, 1998
- 2000s - 2000, 2002, 2005, 2006 (I) (II), 2009 (I) (II)
- 2010s - 2013, 2014, 2015 (I) (II)