Coronation Street historyEdit
- 1958 - Suzie Birchall born.
- 1961 - Reinstalled as caretaker of the Mission of Glad Tidings, Ena Sharples moves back to the Vestry.
- 1967 - After a gap of twenty-two years, Elsie Tanner is reunited with old flame Steve Tanner.
- 1978 - During Annie Walker's absence, Fred Gee hosts a Lancashire evening in the Rovers which results in the police calling when it goes beyond closing time.
- 1982 - Betty Turpin is mugged and hospitalised when walking home from work late at night.
- 1988 - Adam Barlow is born.
- 1989 - Convinced she's been having an affair with Paul Rigby, Alec Gilroy tells Bet that he wants a divorce.
- 1991 - Alf Roberts wins his latest council election battle but Audrey leaves him as she suspects he's been having an affair with Vivian Barford.
- 1995 - Maxine Heavey begins work at the Hair Salon (First appearance of the character).
- 1998 - Zoe Tattersall is sectioned, unable to deal with the death of Shannon.
- 1999 - Jack Duckworth suffers a bad heart attack.
- 2000 - Eileen Grimshaw is employed at Street Cars (First appearance of the character).
- 2004 - Cilla Brown leaves Les Battersby after being caught out having a fling with Ronnie Dudgeon.
- 2006 - Danny Baldwin and Adam Barlow fight in the Street over Mike Baldwin's will.
- 2010 - Blanche Hunt dies in Portugal.
- 2012 - Kirsty Soames is suspended from the police force over her handling of the investigation into Councillor Charles Peake's backhanders. Kirsty hits her partner Tyrone Dobbs.
- 1948 - Tommy Boyle (Phil Jennings) born.
- 1956 - Granada Television, makers of Coronation Street, broadcasts for the first time.
Episodes were broadcast on 3rd May on the following years:
- 1960s - 1961, 1965, 1967
- 1970s - 1971, 1972, 1976, 1978
- 1980s - 1982, 1989
- 1990s - 1991, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1998, 1999
- 2000s - 2000, 2002, 2004, 2006
- 2010s - 2010 (I) (II), 2012, 2013 (I) (II)