Coronation Street historyEdit
- 1917 - Dinky and Madge Low marry and move into 1 Coronation Street.
- 1957 - Liz Greenwood (later McDonald) is born.
- 1969 - After the coach crash in the Lake District, the residents recover from their injuries in hospital.
- 1982 - Just over a year after their wedding, Fred and Eunice Gee's marriage comes to an end when she asks him to take her back after she left him for Ben Critchley but he realises that their relationship wouldn't work and refuses.
- 1989 - Alan Bradley is arrested when The Kabin is broken into and Rita Fairclough points him out to the police as the chief suspect. Jenny Bradley accuses Rita of persecuting her father.
- 1993 - Andy McDonald books the register office for his wedding to Amy Nelson, fully intending not to inform his parents of the event.
- 1995 - The Duckworths take over the Rovers and within hours, Betty Williams resigns after being asked to clean as well as cook.
- 1997 - Billy Williams dies of a sudden heart attack. First appearance of Lorraine Brownlow.
- 2008 - Rosie Webster is freed from John Stape's imprisonment when Fiz Brown goes to his gran's house with the good intention of feeding the cat.
- 2014 - Rob Donovan contacts Tracy Barlow and she meets him at the Woodland Park Guest House. Now a wanted man, Rob decides to run away and Tracy suggests that she comes with him too. Michael Rodwell continues the search for his son Gavin.
- 1958 - Streets of Gold, Part 1, an episode of the crime series Shadow Squad is transmitted. This is Tony Warren's first work for Granada Television. Part 2 is shown on 6th November.
- 1966 - Theme music composer Eric Spear died.
- 1969 - Although advertised as being transmitted in Black and White, the first episode of Coronation Street to be recorded in colour is broadcast as a test transmission. Scheduled colour transmissions would commence from 17th November.
- 1970 - Writer and director Jim O'Hanlon born.
- 2010 - Anne Reid, Eileen Derbyshire and Barbara Knox visit Buckingham Palace to accept their MBEs from Queen Elizabeth II.
Episodes were broadcast on 3rd November on the following years:
- 1960s - 1965, 1969
- 1970s - 1971, 1975, 1976
- 1980s - 1980, 1982, 1986, 1989
- 1990s - 1993, 1995, 1997, 1999
- 2000s - 2000, 2002, 2003 (I) (II), 2004, 2006, 2008 (I) (II)
- 2010s - 2011, 2014 (I) (II), 2017 (I) (II)