Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Coronation Street historyEdit
- 1961 - Ken Barlow and Susan Cunningham go on a student march. First appearance of Dot Greenhalgh.
- 1965 - Elsie Tanner finds out that Ena Sharples is her new landlady.
- 1975 - Mavis Riley accepts Carlos' proposal but changes her mind when she finds out he only wants to marry her to get a work permit.
- 1986 - First appearance of Jenny Bradley. Police break the news that her mother has been run over and killed.
- 1988 - Baldwin's Casuals changes from making denim to curtains.
- 1992 - Raquel Wolstenhulme moves in with Des Barnes at No. 6.
- 1993 - Mark Redman finds out his father is Mike Baldwin.
- 1997 - First appearance of Janice Battersby.
- 1999 - Alf Roberts' funeral.
- 2012 - Sam Foster suffers a fatal heart attack.
- 1935 - Producer and writer Tim Aspinall born.
- 1986 - Elizabeth Tan (Xin Proctor) born.
- 2008 - The last regular Sunday episode airs.
Episodes were broadcast on 6th January on the following years:
- 1960s - 1961, 1964, 1965, 1969
- 1970s - 1971, 1975
- 1980s - 1982, 1986, 1988
- 1990s - 1992, 1993, 1995, 1997, 1999
- 2000s - 2002, 2003 (I) (II), 2006, 2008
- 2010s - 2011, 2012 (I) (II), 2014 (I) (II), 2016
- Turn out the Lights - The Boyhood Haunt (1967 - all ITV regions except Associated Rediffusion, Tyne Tees Television and Teledu Cymru)