Coronation Street historyEdit
- 1940 - Jed Stone born.
- 1961 - Ena Sharples looks after her grandson Colin Lomax for the day. (Colin was played by David Jones, later better known as Davy Jones of The Monkees.)
- 1963 - Annie Walker employs Martha Longhurst as the cleaner at the Rovers Return Inn.
- 1974 - Cyril Turpin's funeral takes place.
- 1989 - Dawn Prescott tells Rita Fairclough that she should find out why Alan Bradley is receiving letters addressed to Len Fairclough.
- 1991 - Curly Watts moves into No.7.
- 1995 - Alma Baldwin is told that Jim Sedgewick has died and left her £2,000 in his will.
- 1996 - Liz McDonald tells Jim that she's divorcing him.
- 2005 - Angela Harris covers for Katy after she murders her father, Tommy.
- 2006 - Sally Webster has a breakdown over Rosie's behaviour.
- 2015 - Gail McIntyre and Michael Rodwell have their stag and hen nights. Andy Carver pretends to have been mugged of the £2,476 Nick's Bistro takings on his way to the bank so that he can give it to Gavin Rodwell as blackmail money.
- 1961 - ATV in the Midlands begins broadcasting Coronation Street meaning that the programme is now transmitted across the whole of the existing ITV network. Transmission date and time changes to Monday and Wednesday at 7.30pm (previously Wednesday and Friday at 7.00pm) and the programme enters the national top ten for the first time.
Episodes were broadcast on 6th March on the following years:
- 1960s - 1961, 1963, 1967, 1968
- 1970s - 1972, 1974, 1978
- 1980s - 1985, 1989
- 1990s - 1991, 1992, 1995, 1996, 1998
- 2000s - 2000, 2002, 2005, 2006 (I) (II), 2009 (I) (II)
- 2010s - 2013, 2015 (I) (II), 2017 (I) (II)