Coronation Street historyEdit
- 1965 - David Barlow marries Irma Ogden.
- 1971 - Last appearance of Irma Barlow.
- 1976 - Elsie Howard is offered the position of sewing room manager at Baldwin's Casuals.
- 1982 - Sharon Gaskell moves to Sheffield.
- 1989 - Alan Bradley follows Rita Fairclough to Blackpool and tries to force her to return to Weatherfield with him. When Rita runs off, Alan gives chase but is hit by a tram and dies instantly.
- 1995 - Curly Watts marries Raquel Wolstenhulme.
- 2000 - In a live episode to celebrate Coronation Street's 40th anniversary, the residents protest the tarmacking of Coronation Street and fight for the cobbles. Duggie Ferguson puts together a fake preservation order which convinces the police to move the tarmacking team. Natalie Barnes decides to leave the Street, while Peter Barlow returns unexpectedly.
- 2008 - The Windass family move into 6 Coronation Street. Departing resident Teresa Bryant has to be dragged out of the house.
- 2010 - Ashley Peacock is killed when the roof of The Joinery collapses on him. He was trapped there after a gas explosion in the bar.
- 2017 - Gary Windass returns from the dead, having supposedly died in the Ukraine.
- 1899 - Arthur Leslie (Jack Walker) born.
- 1910 - Jill Summers (Phyllis Pearce) born.
- 2000 - Prince Charles visits the Coronation Street studios to meet the cast and crew for their 40th anniversary celebrations.
Episodes were broadcast on 8th December on the following years:
- 1960s - 1965, 1969
- 1970s - 1971, 1975, 1976
- 1980s - 1980, 1982, 1986, 1989
- 1990s - 1993, 1995, 1996, 1999
- 2000s - 2000, 2002, 2003 (I) (II), 2004, 2006, 2008 (I) (II)
- 2010s - 2010, 2011, 2013, 2016, 2017 (I) (II)
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|