Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Coronation Street historyEdit
- 1965 - David Barlow marries Irma Ogden.
- 1971 - Last appearance of Irma Barlow.
- 1976 - Elsie Howard is offered the position of sewing room manager at Baldwin's Casuals.
- 1982 - Sharon Gaskell moves to Sheffield.
- 1989 - Alan Bradley follows Rita Fairclough to Blackpool and tries to force her to return to Weatherfield with him. When Rita runs off, Alan gives chase but is hit by a tram and dies instantly.
- 1995 - Curly Watts marries Raquel Wolstenhulme.
- 2000 - In a live episode to celebrate Coronation Street's 40th anniversary, the residents protest the tarmacking of Coronation Street and fight for the cobbles. Duggie Ferguson puts together a fake preservation order which convinces the police to move the tarmacking team. Natalie Barnes decides to leave the Street, while Peter Barlow returns unexpectedly.
- 2008 - The Windass family move into 6 Coronation Street. Departing resident Teresa Bryant has to be dragged out of the house.
- 2010 - Ashley Peacock is killed when the roof of The Joinery collapses on him. He was trapped there after a gas explosion in the bar.
- 1899 - Arthur Leslie (Jack Walker) born.
- 1910 - Jill Summers (Phyllis Pearce) born.
- 2000 - Prince Charles visits the Coronation Street studios to meet the cast and crew for their 40th anniversary celebrations.
Episodes were broadcast on 8th December on the following years:
- 1960s - 1965, 1969
- 1970s - 1971, 1975, 1976
- 1980s - 1980, 1982, 1986, 1989
- 1990s - 1993, 1995, 1996, 1999
- 2000s - 2000, 2002, 2003 (I) (II), 2004, 2006, 2008 (I) (II)
- 2010s - 2010, 2011, 2013