Coronation Street historyEdit
- 1945 - The Coronation Street residents celebrate the end of World War II with a Street party. The festivities are marred by the death of Corner Shop owner Tommy Foyle, who dies from a heart attack.
- 1957 - Steve Fisher born.
- 1961 - Harry Hewitt's sister and housekeeper Alice Burgess tells him she's leaving to take up a paid position. He's angry as this means that Lucille will have to go back to the orphanage.
- 1967 - A train crashes through the viaduct and onto the Street.
- 1974 - Hilda Ogden leaves for a working holiday as a cleaner aboard a cruise ship - the Monte Umber.
- 1978 - Annie Walker is furious when Fred Gee collects her from the airport in Len Fairclough's van as the Rover has been stolen.
- 1992 - Their marriage over, Steph Barnes walks out on Des.
- 1995 - A party is held in the Rovers to mark the fiftieth anniversary of VE-Day and Betty Turpin is surprised when Billy Williams, an old flame, appears recreating a pub crawl he made half a century before (First appearance of the character).
- 1996 - Des Barnes has a new girlfriend - Claire Palmer (First appearance of the character).
- 1998 - A distressed and unstable Zoe Tattersall walks off with baby Morgan Middleton. After a search, she is found teetering on the edge of a canal bank.
- 2002 - Fred Elliott's bigamist wife Eve threatens to take the Rovers off him as it's legally hers.
- 2005 - Les Battersby and Cilla Brown become engaged in order that they can replace their broken household goods with new ones as wedding presents.
- 2006 - Roy's Rolls is closed due to environmental health issues.
- 2009 - Ken Barlow confesses to Deirdre that he was going to leave her for Martha Fraser.
Episodes were broadcast on 8th May on the following years:
- 1960s - 1961, 1963, 1967, 1968
- 1970s - 1972, 1974, 1978
- 1980s - 1985, 1989
- 1990s - 1991, 1992, 1995, 1996, 1998
- 2000s - 2000, 2002, 2005, 2006 (I) (II), 2009 (I) (II)
- 2010s - 2012, 2013, 2015 (I) (II)
- The Brothers McGregor - Victorian Porn (1986)