Coronation Street historyEdit
- 1938 - Billy Walker born.
- 1975 - Ken Barlow, working as a taxi driver, picks up his estranged wife Janet who he hasn't seen for seven months.
- 1980 - Mike Baldwin is forced to sack Hilda Ogden for duping the pools syndicate at Baldwin's Casuals into thinking that they had a large win. Arnold Swain and Emily Bishop have their stag and hen nights.
- 1993 - Alf Roberts retires as a Councillor after twenty-six (non-continuous) years in the role.
- 1995 - Curly Watts starts to go out with fellow Firman's Freezers employee Anne Malone (First appearance of the character).
- 1997 - Chris Collins starts to lodge at No. 13.
- 2000 - Steve McDonald is lured to a car park and badly beaten up by Jez Quigley and his thugs. They leave him for dead.
- 2003 - Tony Stewart steals Street Cars' takings from Eileen Grimshaw. Not believing her protests of innocence Dev Alahan reports her to the police and she is arrested and held, even when Jason and Todd manage to recover the money.
- 2004 - Sean Tully is taken on at Underworld.
- 2008 - Carla Connor buys a 25% share of Underworld behind Liam Connor's back.
- 2017 - Will Chatterton sets up Robert Preston who is arrested for assault while on a suspended sentence.
- 1931 - Writer and programme producer Jack Rosenthal born.
- 1961 - In one of the first great demonstrations of the popularity of Coronation Street thousands of people turn out to see Violet Carson switch on the famous annual Blackpool illuminations. She is joined by the rest of the cast who arrive on an open-top bus and are greeted by the cheering crowds, followed by a civic reception for all at the Town Hall. Years later Eileen Derbyshire and Anne Cunningham would remember the event as a "magical night".
Episodes were broadcast on 8th September on the following years:
- 1960s - 1965, 1969
- 1970s - 1971, 1975, 1976
- 1980s - 1980, 1982, 1986
- 1990s - 1993, 1995, 1997, 1999
- 2000s - 2000, 2002, 2003 (I) (II), 2004, 2006, 2008 (I) (II)
- 2010s - 2011, 2013, 2017 (I) (II)