Coronation Street historyEdit
- 1916 - Leonard Swindley is born.
- 1960 - Florrie Lindley takes over the Corner Shop from Elsie Lappin in the first episode of Coronation Street.
- 1963 - Florrie Lindley wins £40 at the bingo.
- 1964 - Willie Piggott, father of a pupil at Bessie Street School, tries to bribe Ken Barlow to ensure his son passes his exams.
- 1970 - Betty Turpin is made head barmaid at the Rovers.
- 1982 - Becky Palmer is born.
- 1994 - Curly Watts asks Raquel Wolstenhulme to marry him.
- 1996 - Mike Baldwin sacks machinist Tricia Armstrong to get out of paying her while she is on maternity leave. Sally Webster resigns on principle, but Mike refuses to budge.
- 1998 - Tony Horrocks returns to the Street and is arrested.
- 2001 - Duggie Ferguson announces his plans to sell the Rovers.
- 2002 - Kevin Webster marries Sally Webster for the second time.
- 1990 - The programme celebrates its thirtieth anniversary with a one-and-a-half hour spectacular hosted by Cilla Black entitled Happy Birthday Coronation Street.
- 2010 - Coronation Street celebrates its fiftieth anniversary with a live episode, part of a week of seven special episodes featuring a tram crashing onto the Street.
Episodes were broadcast on 9th December on the following years:
- 1960s - 1960, 1963, 1964, 1968
- 1970s - 1970, 1974
- 1980s - 1981, 1985, 1987
- 1990s - 1991, 1992, 1994, 1996, 1998
- 2000s - 2001, 2002 (I) (II), 2005
- 2010s - 2010, 2011 (I) (II), 2015