|ITV broadcast date||12th November 1999 (Friday)|
|Executive Producer||Carolyn Reynolds|
|Previous episode||Episode 4|
|Next episode||Episode 6|
Bet sees that Reg can help her sell the boat if he poses as her dead lover Bruce. Vik is keen to leave, but Steve wants to stay another day. Vik discovers Steve tricked him into going to Calais alone. Vicky's "uncle" Nicholas Wilding arrives to give her away at the wedding. Bet and Reg head to Eastbourne to sell the boat, but the sale is delayed a day and they have to spend the night in a hotel together. Vicky meets Steve on the promenade. She is obviously confused. Back at the B&B she cannot resist Steve any longer and they spend the night together.
- Bet Gilroy - Julie Goodyear
- Vicky McDonald - Chloe Newsome
- Steve McDonald - Simon Gregson
- Vikram Desai - Chris Bisson
- Reg Holdsworth - Ken Morley
- Franco - Kourosh Asad
- Bernard/Bernadette - John McGlynn
- Trina - Louisa Milwood-Haigh
- Nick Wilding - Mark Lindley
- Fiona Edwards - Emily Fairman
- Robert - Crispin Bonham-Carter
- TV Times synopsis: With Reg now in Brighton and nursing a huge hangover it looks as though Bet may have found the answer to her money problems. Things don't go quite to plan however, when she is forced to spend the night sharing a hotel room with him. Meanwhile, Vicky starts to have serious second thoughts about her wedding to Robert.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 7,740,000 viewers (43rd place).
- This episode was repeated on the same day on ITV2 at 11.30pm.