Alan Hulse was a bit-part actor who played seven roles in Coronation Street:
- Washing machine repairman Harry Brown in October 1977
- House salesman Peter Cross in April 1980
- Mr McKellar, a dissatisfied customer of Brian Tilsley who appeared between August and September 1982
- Dave Craig, a man who fitted burglar alarms with Alan Bradley who appeared between March and April 1988
- A Van Driver in September 1991
- DSS Officer Peter Bryant in May 1996 who alongside colleague Andrew Turner, witnessed benefit claimant Tricia Armstrong receiving cash for cleaning work by Mike Baldwin
- A Lorry Driver who gave Toyah Battersby a lift down to London when she ran away from home in August 1998 to find her real father, Ronnie Clegg.
He has also played parts in numerous series, many for Granada Television such as Send in the Girls, The Glamour Girls and Barbara.