Alan Partington played no fewer than nine different minor roles on Coronation Street:
- Drayman Ned Logan in August 1969
- Bob Chadwick, a business associate of Dave Smith, in May 1970
- Council official Mr Weaver in February 1971
- the Second Stranger in June 1973 who attempted to buy porn magazines from the newly-opened Kabin
- Union leader Joe Stark in August 1976
- Frank Woodhouse, a coin dealer, in November 1980
- Jack Croston, a relative of Sally Webster, in January 1989
- Retiring Sunliners Travel Agency manager Harry Slater in April 1996
- Alf Roberts's solicitor Mr. Irwin in January 1999.
His other credits include Public Eye, Z Cars, The Liver Birds, Juliet Bravo , All Creatures Great and Small, Agatha Christie's Poirot and Heartbeat.