Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Ann Aris has appeared on Coronation Street in eleven different roles - one of the highest number of credited parts in the programme. Anthony Schaeffer currently holds the record with thirteen roles to his name. Ms Aris's are:
- Kay Miller, friend of Sylvia Matthews in April 1976.
- Ratepayers Association secretary Mrs Mottershead in April 1978.
- The Registrar at the wedding of Kevin Webster and Sally Seddon in October 1986.
- The Usher at the trial of Alan Bradley in October 1989.
- Newton & Ridley Secretary in September 1992.
- Bettabuy senior manager Mrs Waters in July 1993.
- The Assistant Registrar at the wedding of Curly Watts and Raquel Wolstenhulme in December 1995.
- A Woman on a golf course who found Fred Elliott injured there in July 1997.
- The Magistrate at the preliminary hearing of Deirdre Rachid on charges of fraud in January 1998.
- Barrister Fiona Kingsman-Lloyd at the trial of Les Battersby for assault on Mick Hopwood (a trumped-up charge) in May 2003.
- Judge Fortune at the at the preliminary hearing of Tracy Barlow for the murder of Charlie Stubbs in January 2007 and at the trial of Becky Granger for vandalism in November 2008.
Her most recent connection with the programme was in The Road to Coronation Street in September 2010 in which she played the part of actress Nita Valerie who appeared in one of the 1960 dry runs as Ena Sharples.
An actress since the 1960s, Ms Aris's long list of credits includes many series for Granada Television such as The Man in Room 17, Shabby Tiger and Crown Court. In addition she has appeared in Angels, Juliet Bravo, Peak Practice and Emmerdale.