Bill Rodgers appeared on Coronation Street in six roles:
- A Shiftworker who Percy Sugden encountered while leafleting door-to-door in May 1991
- The Cab Driver who brought Curly and Raquel Watts back home after attending Firman's Christmas party in December 1995
- Thug Dave Woods who in June 1996 was paid by Terry Duckworth to cause trouble in the Rovers
- Mr Booth, a potential buyer for one of Monica's puppies that Tyrone Dobbs was selling in August 2000
- Ex-wrestler Swanny Gillen in May 2003
- Big Jim, an employee at Alhambra Bingo Hall in April 2005.
He completed a two year Acting course at Rotherham College of Arts & Technology (RCAT) in 1982 and made his screen debut in the 1985 film The Innocent. In 2001 he set up HumourUs with his wife Kate and together worked in 29 countries running seminars and workshops based around bringing humour to the workplace.
Other credits include roles in Flying Lady, All Creatures Great and Small, Band of Gold, Common As Muck, Emmerdale, Heartbeat, Always and Everyone, Mersey Beat, Doctors, Fat Friends, Life on Mars, Last of the Summer Wine, Shameless and All at Sea, along with the films Vroom, Tall Tale, Switchback, Girls' Night, Heartlands, The Calcium Kid and Spike Island.